Last year we featured some concepts inspired by the soon to be released Great Gatsby movie. As predicted, this vintage vibe continues to be popular and has been very prevalent in all the winter wedding shows. A few of our readers asked us for more specific details to help create a vintage setting.
Here are a few more ideas to help you create the ultimate throwback to the 1920s.
• For lounge furniture replace modern sofas and ottomans with antique wicker chairs.
• For flowers, Daisies of course seem the obvious choice. Instead try using heirloom Dahlias which create vibrant rainbow-hued arrangements that are just as long-lasting and are versatile because they can be fun or elegant.
• Embellish your table settings with Ostrich feathers, brooches, feather boas and pearl necklaces.
• The era may evoke images of soft pastels – but strong vibrant colours like yellow were also all the rage. (I love this color palette from fellow ISES member La Tavola, fine linen rentals out of California)
• For a unique entertainment option, why not try a harpist? A harp adds a distinctive feel and look to a reception. There is a harpist based in Hamilton who is fantastic and versatile. Check out Lori’s website for photos and a sample of her music. www.lorilshannik.com.
BTW – speaking of ISES, make sure to check out the Toronto Chapter meeting this month featuring Richard Aaron, President of BiZBash NYC (an ultimate guru of creative thinking) http://www.isestoronto.com/Feb132013.aspx
Hope my “Free Idea” makes your Friday!
To learn more, please visit www.andlogistix.com