Excitement is mounting and I can’t wait to see what London does for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies.
Here’s what I have dug up on the top secret details:
- A cast of 15,000
- Several farmyard animals will be featured including 12 horses, 3 cows, 2 goats, 10 chickens, 10 ducks, 9 geese, 70 sheep and 3 sheep dogs.
- Mary Poppins having a go at Harry Potter’s Voldemort
- The director is British film and theater director Danny Boyle, who won the best director Oscar for his film “Slumdog Millionaire” in 2009. He also is the man behind “Trainspotting” so you know the music is going to be amazing
- British humour will play a big part (really not sure how they will pull that off)
- There will be a Shakespearian element
- 007 is sure to make an appearance
- A million watt sound system (oh I am starting to get goose bumps)
- The identity of the final torch bearer is shrouded with rumor – my bet is on British soccer and style icon David Beckham bending a soccer ball like only Becks can to light the flame!
The highly anticipated ceremony will take place on Friday, July 27 at 9 p.m. London Time, which is 4 p.m. ET.
The ceremony will air on NBC in the US or CTV in Canada at 7 p.m. ET.